2020 Photographic Competition – Terms & Conditions
Entry is open to everyone except for those directly involved in the organisation and judging of the competition and their families.
Entrants must be at least 16 years of age.
Entries are welcome from around the world, but all images and videos entered must have been photographed in Dornoch, Scotland.
Images or videos can be of nature, landscape, the town, local places of interest, local produce, local businesses or services.
Images should have been taken within 2 years of the closing date of the competition i.e. from 2nd November 2018 onwards.
Entries to be submitted online and posting to Facebook or Instagram using the #dornochinwinter and a short caption describing the photos and where it is.
The competition will open for entries on 21st September 2020.
The closing date is 2nd November 2020 at midnight 24:00 GMT.
You can enter as many images or videos as you wish.
Videos must be no more than 60 seconds.
Visit Dornoch reserves the right to refuse or remove an entry from the Competition for any reason.
Visit Dornoch reserves the right to remove any entries from the Competition that it feels may breach or contravene laws of copyright, public decency or may bring the Competition or the Competition’s organisers into disrepute. Such entries will be deemed as void.
All those on the shortlist will be contacted via social media to supply a high-resolution file for final judging, along with detailed caption information.
The organisers cannot be held responsible for messages that do not arrive e.g. due to going into spam folders.
The winners will be announced 14th December 2020. All winners will be notified social media.
A list of the winners will be published on the Visit Dornoch Website and social channels.
The Judging Panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes / Awards
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Prize is £200.00 for Ffordes Photography This can be used online or instore.
Two runner up prizes of a £75 voucher for their choice of retailer.
Prizes are not transferable, and no cash equivalent will be available.
Copyright and permissions
Visit Dornoch aims to promote this Photographic Competition and to promote Dornoch and also a platform for promoting the entrants who take part.
By submitting images to the Visit Dornoch Photography Competition, each entrant confirms that:
· they are the photographer / videographer of each entry and that it is their original work;
· they own the copyright and any rights of each image / video;
· they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image / video (or, where the image / video shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Visit Dornoch and will indemnify Visit Dornoch Photographic Competition against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such usage;
· they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by the Visit Dornoch Photographic Competition;
· they have received any necessary permission from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Visit Dornoch Photographic Competition and will indemnify Visit Dornoch Photographic Competition against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such usage.
By entering the competition, you grant Visit Dornoch free, non-exclusive usage of the images for the following purposes directly connected with the competition;
· on the Visit Scotland website and social channels
· for use in press coverage giving information about or promoting the competition, Dornoch etc.;
By entering the competition, you grant Visit Dornoch Photographic Competition a free, non-exclusive, international licence without date restriction to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the shortlisted and winning images/videos for any purpose directly connected with the competition. This may include, but is not limited to:
· inclusion in a book featuring images;
· display at any exhibitions;
· on the Visit Dornoch website;
· for use in press coverage giving information about or promoting the competition, exhibition etc.;
· for use by sponsors and partners in acknowledging/publicising their support of the competition/exhibition. This usage will be limited to 2 years after the winners are announced.
Visit Dornoch will make every effort to ensure that name credits are included with images.
Free usage of any photograph outside of the scope of the competition and exhibition will not be permitted by Visit Dornoch or any of its partners or sponsors.
For any use that falls outside the scope of promotion of the competition, exhibition etc. (as detailed above) royalties will be discussed & negotiated with the photographer / videographer concerned.
Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
Entrants agree to take part in competition and exhibition publicity if required.
If you have any queries or complaints please contact us by post or by email using the details on the Contact Us page.