Dornoch Whisky Festival: 26th to 29th October 2018
The 4th Dornoch Whisky Festival is just around the corner. Now is the time to plan a weekend a way and book your tickets to some of these fantastic events! Below are a few of the highlights of the weekend- there really is something for everyone from the novice to the connoisseur.
- The main event of the festival is the Dornoch Whisky Festival Grand Tasting at the Dornoch Castle Hotel on Saturday 27th. With a range of distilleries, independent bottlers and gins, beers and non alcoholic goodies. It runs from 1pm and is just £25
- A new event for this year is the Cheese & Wine Tasting at Dornoch Stores. You will get to taste five wonderful and interesting wines expertly paired with five different cheeses. A
really fun evening, with plenty of wine, spot prizes and special offers on the night. Saturday 27th at 6pm. £15
- This year there will be a Dornoch Whisky Festival Community Market. One of the highlights of the Dornoch calender during the summer months, the community markets showcase all the wonderful treats, goods, food, drink & artistic works that our community creates. This extra special Whisky Festival Market will be held between 11am – 3pm on Sunday 28th. The market is free of charge and taking place in the main marquee at the Dornoch Castle Hotel.
- An Afternoon with Adelphi at The Carnegie Whisky Cellars should be a great event. Join two of Adelphi’s finest as they take you through this wonderful tasting. Starting with a welcome drink on arrival and then moving on to a specially selected set of five single malts for you to experience.
- The Thompson Bros Rare Bottle Tasting at Dornoch Castle Hotel is certainly one not to miss for all Whisky fans. They will be guiding you in a tasting of old, rare and
vintage whiskies and to have a little fun with it, this year they’re shaking it up with some quizzes so make sure to keep that whisky knowledge sharp!
- Links House at Royal Dornoch are hosting a Sunday Lunch with Special Cookery Demonstration with our Head Chef, Javier Santos. There will be a complementary Red Door Gin & tonic welcome drink to be followed by a two course lunch for just £35. This takes place from 12pm.
- Even if you are not a whisky fan there is something for you this weekend. Why not try the Candle Making with a Twist workshop at Coast Candles? You can experiment with your own whisky scented candle in the beautiful Coast Candle shop. Drop in sessions are running on the Friday and the Monday from 10.30-3.30pm and cost only £20.
- Aspen Spa at The Carnegie Courthouse will be offering special spa treatments all weekend in collaboration with the Dornoch Whisky Festival so make sure to get your treatments booked
and take a relaxing break between the tastings!
- VIP guests from Distell International will be hosting tastings during the weekend so make sure to book onto a VIP event to ensure you get to meet them.
For more information and to book tickets online, see the Dornoch Whisky Festival website: